Wednesday, August 22, 2007

The Malevolent Phantoms of my Past

"The light clicks off, I scramble into my bed and burrow down into my covers, I pull them over my head leaving just a little gap for me to breath.

I pray,I hope that tonight she wont come but I know all to well as soon as the light clicks. I'm in her world now. I feel a cold chill run up the back of my spine, the hairs raised on the back of my neck as the sound of my fathers footsteps grow faint.

Something out side screams like a crazed banshee. Its her, she's come, tonights the night she's going to steal me away. While my family lays sleeping, safe from the reaches of her dagger like claws. The wind howls, I shiver. I can hear the slow scraping of her claws against my window.

I peek from under my covers only to see the huge shadow she casts over my bed I turn to look out the window. I see her sway with a huge gust of wind. I cringe at the sight of her evil creatures and their hulking shadows behind her.

Every night she comes scratching at my window, shrieking with the wind waiting, just waiting to feed me to her evil crew of monsters."



As I was growing up I always thought there was a an evil witch who wanted to eat me, she would scratch at my window every night. Because my bed lay underneath the window. The rose bush outside would sway with the wind and the thorns would scratch against my window. It made Horrible shadows that looked like a witch with pointy claws. As you can see this was quite terrifying to a child with a strange imagination.

No comments: